Luna Recovery Services (Luna) uses and discloses your protected health information for treatment, payment, and health care operations. Some examples of when our office may use or disclose your health care information for these purposes include:
- Sharing test results with other health care providers for confirmation of a diagnosis
- Providing your diagnosis or other information about your health to your insurance provider or our billing service to obtain payment for the health care services we provide; Luna may also use or disclose your protected health information in compliance with guidelines outlined by law for the following purposes:
- Providing you with information related to your health;
- Contacting you regarding appointments, information about treatment alternatives, or other health-related services
Authorization for other uses: Luna will make other uses and disclosure of your protected health information only after obtaining your written authorization. If you authorize a use not contained in this notice, you may revoke your authorization at any time, by notifying us in writing that you wish to revoke your authorization.
Your rights regarding the privacy of your health information: Subject to limitations outlined by law, you have certain rights related to the use and disclosure of your protected health information, including the right to:
- Request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures. However, Luna is not obligated to agree to requested restrictions.
- Receive confidential communications or protected health information.
- Inspect and copy your protected health information with some limited exceptions.
- Amend your health information.
- Receive an accounting of disclosures of your health information.
- Obtain a copy of this notice.
Luna’s duties regarding the privacy of your health information:
Subject to limitations outlined by law, Luna has certain duties related to your protected health information, including:
- Luna is required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information and to provide individuals with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protected health information.
- Luna reserves the right to change a privacy practice described in this notice and to make such change effective for all protected health information. Revised notice will be posted in our office and available upon request.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may make a complaint by contacting Luna Recovery Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Secretary for the Department of Health and Human Services. No individual will be retaliated against for filing a complaint.